Monday, April 25, 2011

How do you think I'm doing?

This could be dangerous for any person, to open themselves up to their peers for criticism.

I think Professor Dean and you, my classmates, would agree that sometimes I'm overly celebrant of things like Twitter and Facebook, and their positive affects. You all have respectfully scolded me for ignoring the many negative affects these services may have, including the safety aspect of Facebook or Google.

The biggest skill I have learned from this class is to analytically criticize more accurately than I have in the past. I discovered that I am improving this skill, especially as I wrote my paper. Basically, I argued that Facebook and Twitter can't be entirely given credit for a revitalization of democracy.

What are your thoughts on how you've developed in this class? What do you think of my arguments over the past semester? Do you think I've improved in critically analyzing digital media?

If you're wondering I think that Mark Andrejevic got through to me those most of any of the readings. Also, in hindsight, Jaron Lanier's argument is more convincing to me now.

1 comment:

  1. I think as the semester goes on and I look back at the earlier readings they are making more and more sense. I didn't really know much about all of this techy stuff at the beginning of the semester and I think that I have learned a lot. I think everyone has really learned a lot just from the depth of class discussions from the first few weeks until now. They have seriously improved I feel.

    ReplyDelete